Let the drama begin, today it was announced one of the frontrunners, Chris Golightly, was disqualified. He captured the judges heart, by overcoming the most incredible odds, being bounced around from orphanages and foster homes. In fact, he was in foster care from 18 months old till he turned 18. Very sad. Today, he faced another devastating blow.
Chris told reporters…
“This is not fair; I don’t know what to do,” he said when reached by phone this morning.
Chris originally made Season 9’s Top 24 — he was even shown in the group shot with Ryan Seacrest near the end of Wednesday’s show. But when the 12 male semifinalists were shown individually, Chris had been replaced by Tim Urban.
“Everything was fine when I made the Top 24,” Chris says. But things quickly went sour. Shortly after Chris got the news that he’d made the cut, he says a former manager named Lawrence Franklin emailed 19 Entertainment claiming that Chris was under a recording contract.
Later, Lawrence Franklin recanted and said Chris was actually released from his contract. Tough break for the kid. Maybe now, the attention will help him get a recording contract, or maybe a spot on X Factor? Check out his original audition.