In a new report, sources say Brittany Murphy’s death may have been fueled by an accidental drug overdose. After collapsing Sunday morning, investigators found an arsenal of drugs by her bedside.
A pharmacy-load of prescription drugs were found in Murphy’s bedroom including Klonopin (an anxiety medication), Carbamazepine (treats diabetic symptoms and is also a bipolar med), Ativan (anxiety med), Vicoprofen (pain reliever), Hydrocodone (pain med), Topamax (anti-seizure med also to prevent migraines), Propranolol (hypertension, used to prevent heart attacks), Biaxin (an antibiotic), Methylprednisolone (an anti-inflammatory), Fluoxetine (a depression med) and miscellaneous vitamins. Some of the bottles were full while some were empty, according to a coroner investigator’s notes leaked to TMZ.com . No alcohol containers, paraphernalia or illegal drugs were discovered, the notes said.
An autopsy, was completed on the beloved actress yesterday. The test results will be released in a few weeks. Originally, they thought Brittany may have died of natural causes, due to diabetic complications. Now, investigators believe a nasty cocktail of meds, could have pushed the frail actress over the edge.
What will happen to Brittany’s estate? In her 2007 will, she left her entire fortune worth millions to her mother. It’s believed that will could be challenged by her husband, based on the California law, he could inherit her entire estate. Will there be a legal showdown? Possibly.
Either way, Brittany, the beautiful Scorpio girl will be missed. May she rest in peace.